A Living Room Transformation: Awesome Before & After
I had the privilege of helping decorate a living room from top-to-bottom recently. My clients Gali and Mark have the most incredible house – beautiful molding! Natural light! High ceilings! Basically my dream.
But their living room needed some love. Actually, A LOT of love.
This is what we started with:
And here it is now! Ta-DA!
Here’s the other side of the room So fresh! So hip! And also classic:
Gali and Mark were my dream clients – they wanted to keep the overall budget down but keep the look high-end, and they weren’t afraid to mix higher-end items with lower-end items (yes!!).
We ended up spending a little extra on WOW-ZA items (like that Gray Malin photograph that we scored at a discount on a One Kings Lane flashsale, or that amazing live-edge reclaimed wood console from these fabulous vendors on Etsy).
But the less expensive items that actually look expensive? Well, that’s what gets me most excited of course.
- That gold circular mirror is a total find from CB2;
- The navy blue X-benches we found at a discount on One Kings Lane;
- The sea grass rug in the first picture is from Home Decorators (my go-to for sea grass rugs by the way – they look terrific and they are much less expensive than other big retailers);
- Oh and hello! Those pillows are ALL from Target and Home Goods (except for one or two that are a little higher end)!
- Also, one of my FAVORITE tricks is to purchase all the accessories from Target and Home Goods (the topiaries, marble ball and blue boxes in this pic are all from Home Goods):
And the gold sea urchins and throw blanket are from Target:
All the beautiful photos you see here are courtesy of the very talented photographer Susan Fisher. Susan breathes life into rooms with her incredible eye, and I’ve been so grateful to have found someone with such talent (not to mention patience and stamina!).
Susan in her element
I’m excited to tell you even MORE about our process and how this room came together…. but I have to wait. Why?? Wellllll, let’s just say I have a little something up my sleeve that I can’t quite tell you about yet. But stay tuned!